Piero Cosseddu is Associate Professor of Electronics in the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (DIEE) of the University of Cagliari.
He graduated in Electronic Engineering in 2003 and obtained his Ph.D. in Electronic and Computer Science Engineering in 2007 at the University of Cagliari. From May 2007 to March 2010 he worked as post-doctoral fellow at the DIEE at the University of Cagliari.
In 2008 he has founded a company called TechOnYou S.r.l., focused on the development of innovative systems for medical monitoring and healthcare, robotics and biotechnologies, where he has been employed from 2012 to 2014 as Project Manager.
His research activity has been mainly focused on the field of Organic Electronics with particular attention towards the design, fabrication and characterization of organic semiconductor based devices on flexible plastic substrates, as Organic Field Effect Transistor (OFET), Organic Electrochemical Transistor (OECT), Non volatile Memory Elements. In particular, he has been involved in the development, using the above mentioned technology, of innovative sensing systems for different application areas, such as bio-chemical sensors, wearable electronics and artificial skin.
Piero Cosseddu is author or co-author of more than 60 international publications considering book chapters, peer reviewed international journals, and peer reviewed international conference proceedings. He also holds two international patents.
Along the years he gave more than 30 oral talks in international conferences, and more than 10 invited talks among international conferences, schools etc.
He is (has been) involved in several European Projects:
- “i-FLEXIS: Integrated flexible photonic sensor system for a large spectrum of applications: from health to security” funded for the period 2013-2016, Contract N° 611070
- “HYMEC: Hybrid organic/inorganic memory elements for integration of electronic and photonic circuitry” is a Specific Targeted Research Project (STRP) funded for the period 2011-2014, Contract N° 263073. WP Leader
- “ROBOSKIN: Skin-Based Technologies and Capabilities for Safe, Autonomous and Interactive Robots” is a Specific Targeted Research Project (STREP) developed from 2009 to 2012, Contract N° 231500
- “PROETEX: Advanced e-textiles for firefighters and civilian victims” was an Integrated Project developed from 2006 to 2010, Contract N. 26987
He is reviewer for the following internationl journals:
- Advanced Materials, Wiley-VCH Verlag
- Advanced Functional Materials, Wiley-VCH Verlag
- Advanced Electronic Materils, Wiley-VCH Verlag
- Applied Physics Letters, American Institute of Physics Inc.
- IEEE Electron Device Letters, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- IEEE Transaction on Electron Devices, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- International Journal of Circuit Theory and Application, Wiley-VCH Verlag
- Macromolecular Materials and Engineering, Wiley-VCH Verlag