Animal Biology and Ecology
The section of Animal Biology and Ecology has a decades-long tradition in the field of marine sciences, is located near the sea and the old salt pans of San Bartolomeo (Via T. Fiorelli 1) in the premises that, since 1920, host the Stazione di Biologia Marina del Tirreno.
The main scientific activities mainly deal with basic and applied research in aquatic ecosystems, in the areas of Comparative Anatomy and Cytology, Ecology and Zoology.
- Zoology and animal cytogenetics
- Sustainable development and management of marine and freshwater resources
- Marine zoology and ecology: study, conservation and sustainable management of biodiversity
- Marine trophodynamic ecology
- Marine ecology and GIS
- Neural plasticity of the meso-cortico-limbic dopaminergic system
Via T. Fiorelli 1, 09126 Cagliari, Italia