IA/0106 - SUSTAINABLE ENERGY IN BUILDING SYSTEMS
Academic Year 2019/2020
Free text for the University
ROBERTO RICCIU (Tit.)
- Teaching style
- Lingua Insegnamento
|[80/72] ARCHITECTURE||[72/30 - Ord. 2017] ARCHITETTURA E SOSTENIBILITA'||4||40|
- Knowledge and understanding: The course aims to provide students with the knowledge of the heating and air cooling plant with particular interest in the residential building one. This objective will be pursued gradually through the acquisition of the knowledge of the Thermo hygrometric comfort based on UNI EN ISO 7730 for confined environments through air conditioning systems and the introduction of renewable energies in building system.
- Applying knowledge and understanding: The knowledge gained during the course will be spent during the design of confined environments, primarily residential, with the aim of setting up the thermo hygrometric comfort through air conditioning systems with support for energy from renewable energy sources.
- Making judgments: the student will acquire the ability to interpret and express the data related to the main parameters of comfort temperature and humidity of confined spaces, being able to formulate and solve proposed problems, demonstrating an appropriate degree of autonomy with respect to the specific skills of their future professional.
- Communication skills: The student will acquire the ability to communicate and express the issues on which it has taken during the course. Will be able to hold conversations about specific topics of air conditioning systems and renewable energy knowing how to highlight the problems in building contexts.
- Learning skills: Students will gain understanding of the bases for air conditioning systems and renewable energy systems applied to buildings and with the aim to achieving a confined environment comfortable, acquiring the ability to thermo hygro solve numerical problems on some specific topics, and to apply the basic cognitive tools to continuously update their knowledge.
During the course, where appropriate, the issues related to accessibility will be treated.
The students must know the basics of Applied Thermodyamic, regarding the thermal properties of both stationary and dynamic materials, heat transmission and the basics of thermodynamics. All lessons will be held in Italian, so it is necessary to understand the Italian language to take advantage of the course and to use the teaching material provided by the teacher. The teacher is available for explanations in English.
Starting from the training objectives of the course which provide for the training of students in the field of thermo-hygrometric comfort for residential construction in general with specific references standard, i.e.: UNI EN ISO 7730/ASHRAE 55 obtainable through the use of air conditioning systems in turn integrated with renewable energy. The course program provides the following topics:
1) Presentation of the course and final exams.
2) Technical aspects regarding the Thermo-hygrometric
According to UNI EN ISO 7730/ASHRAE 55; characteristic magnitudes and the role of the air conditioning system and of the building envelope. The topics will be covered in about 4 hours of lessons and 4 hours of classroom exercise.
3) Air conditioning systems
Conditioning guidelines, thermal load calculation, psychrometry and air conditioning, air conditioning, building plant components, energy transfer terminals, air treatment plants, air distribution, regulation of power plants. The topics will be covered in about 6 hours of theory and 9 hours of exercise.
4) Renewable energy sources.
Introduction to energy, solar energy, solar systems with flat collectors, solar thermal systems, photovoltaic solar systems, UNI / TS 11330-4.
The topics will be covered in about 9 hours of theory and 6 hours of exercise.
The course includes frontal lessons, with the help of powerpoint presentations, for preparatory training part of each topic. The subjects discussed will be applied by students in special "in situ" acoustic and lighting engineering experiments as well as in the preparation of a design elaborate that will be discussed during the exam.
All the teaching materials needed for the development of the elaborate are made available online to all students in a appropriate cloud. The wole course is personally developed by the teacher. Some lessons and exercises will be carried out in synergy with qualified personnel in the lighting and acoustics sector.
Verification of learning
During the year students will apply the notions learned in a group design exercise. Verification requires an oral test in which the student's design exercise will be discussed, assessing their knowledge of project regulatory parameters, as well as the knowledge and/or the simple return of what is contained in the bibliographical material provided by the teacher.
The vote of the oral test will be included between: 18 and 22 for elementary and ineffective exposure understanding; 23 and 27 for a good understanding and a clear exposition; over 27 for a full and brilliant exposition and effective understanding.
The final vote will also take into account the assiduous and proved participation in the design process.
For the preparation of the exam, it is sufficient to refer to the lessons and to the material provided by the teacher. For further details or for self-study, we recommend the following texts:
- G. Cammarata, Impianti Termotecnici - Volume VI Fonti di Energia Rinnovabili, www.giulianocammarata.it;
- G. Cammarata, Impianti Termotecnici - Volume IV Condizionamento, www.giulianocammarata.it.
All tables and diagrams to support exercises are provided during the course and shared in a special cloud.
" Serve To Win: The 14-Day Gluten-free Plan for Physical and Mental Excellence (English Edition) di Novak Djokovic
" Relentless: From Good to Great to Unstoppable di Tim S. Grover e Shari Wenk
" Bold: How to Go Big, Achieve Success, and Impact the World di Peter H. Diamandis e Steve Kotler
" Ho Scrum: The Art of Doing Twice the Work in Half the Time di Jeff Sutherland
" Pitch Anything: An Innovative Method for Presenting, Persuading, and Winning the Deal Di Oren Klaff
" Legacy di James Kerr
" Disrupt Yourself di Jay Samit
" Charlie Munger: The Complete Investor (Columbia Business School Publishing) di Tren Griffin
" MONEY Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom di Tony Robbins
" Magic of Reality: How we know what's really true di Richard Dawkins
" Making the Modern World: Materials and Dematerialization di Vaclav Smil
" Narconomics di Tom Wainwright
" Raising the Floor: How a Universal Basic Income Can Renew Our Economy and Rebuild the American Dream
o di Andy Stern e Lee Kravitz
" Homo deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow di Yuval Noah Harari
" Who Rules the World?: Reframings Noam Chomsky
" The New Confessions of an Economic Hit Man di PERKINS
" Oliver Stone's Untold History of the United States by Oliver Stone di oliver stone (libro più DVD)
" How to Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You (Inglese) di Oatmeal
" Chaos Monkeys: Inside the Silicon Valley money machine (Inglese) di Antonio Garcia Martinez (Autore)
" Human Dimension and Interior Space: A Source Book of Design Reference Standards (Inglese) di Julius Panero , Martin Zelnik
" The Design of Everyday Things: Revised and Expanded Edition by Norman, Don (2013) Paperback(Inglese) di Donald A. Norman
" How Not to Be Wrong: The Hidden Maths of Everyday Life di Jordan Ellenberg
" Rework (Polacco) Copertina flessibile di Jason Fried (Autore)
" Getting Gamers: The Psychology of Video Games and Their Impact on the People Who Play Them(Inglese) di Jamie Madigan
" Doublespeak (Rebel Reads) (English Edition) di William Lutz
" Collaborating with the Enemy: How to Work with People You Dont Agree with or Like or Trust di KAHANE
Power Point presentations will be used for projection of regulatory technical requirements. All material will be made available to online students on teacher web page: people.unica.it/robertoricciu/impianti-per-la-sostenibilita-energetica-degli-edifici.