IA/0165 - DRAWING
Academic Year 2020/2021
Free text for the University
ANDREA PIRINU (Tit.)
- Teaching style
- Lingua Insegnamento
|[80/71] ARCHITECTURAL SCIENCE||[71/00 - Ord. 2017] PERCORSO COMUNE||7||70|
- Knowledge and understanding: to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the different detection techniques in all the different phases and at different scales of survey (architectural and territorial), from sketches to scientific restitution, of projections listed and of the representation techniques of landscape components.
- Applied Knowledge and Ability to understand: understand and interpret spatially the architecture and the environment and manage the graphic models as a support for knowledge and / or project; ability to observe from different scales of investigation and translation of geometric and visual qualities through graphic language; ability to apply and understand the techniques of representation at different scales of investigation, from important sketches to scientific restitution;
- Autonomy of judgment: ability to place oneself in a critical position in front of the investigated architectural and environmental context, to understand and assimilate a portion of territory and to create and communicate more personalized readings through the traditional, digital or integrated graphic sign;
- Communication skills: use the graphic sign and the technical standards of the design at different levels of definition of the path of knowledge entrusted to the survey in its different survey scales; managing the drawing as a tool for analysis, coding, synthesis and choosing the most appropriate means and forms of expression according to the objectives and the scale of the survey;
- Learning skills: develop the skills necessary to undertake further studies with a high degree of autonomy.
Knowledge of the methods of descriptive geometry (orthogonal projections, axonometric projections, perspective projections) and of the notions of the life drawing of architecture and of the city
Geometrical matrices. Applications in the drawing/design of architecture and the city
Historical excursus on the application of geometric matrices and graphic-design processes in the drawing, survey and design of the architecture and the historical city.
Elements of descriptive geometry: quoted projection method- Representation of the point, the straight line and the plan; interval and slope; straight level; straight lines of slope; line of maximum slope; relationship between range and slope; passage quoted from the projections to orthogonal projections.
Applications: graphic resolution of hipped roofs elementary and complex with polygon eaves level square and polygonal, with a constant and variable slope., hipped roof eaves on two polygons (courtyard house) lying stretched out on the floor and on different levels.
The representation of the territory and the landscape. Historical excursus "from the Ptolemaic maps to the work of the Piedmontese officers in Sardinia" and applications aimed at the graphic analysis and representation of the landscape components of a portion of the territory.
The survey and the representation - The teaching activity is divided into lectures, seminars and practical applications (also in coexistence with the teacher responsible for the Topography Module) concerning the survey and the graphic restitution, in the different scale of representation -architecture, urban and territorial - of historical-traditional and contemporary architectures.
Lectures: 15 hours
Laboratory / practice / revision: 50 hours
Seminar: 5 hours
Verification of learning
The teaching structure provides:
- that during the course each student realize individual drawings and a group work (theme: SURVEYand representation of architecture and landscape) .
- during the course (period October-December) a series of intermediate tests to monitoring outcomes learning.
- which work groups expose at the end of the lessons and before the genn-feb2018 exam session the work done. This work will be evaluated by the teacher here. - Within the course are held front lessons and seminars on some of the themes indicated in the program.
- The frequency of lessons
Therefore, the student who has completed the individual and group work and supported successfully the intermediate tests leads to the examination session. The test will consist of an interview - where the student realizes some drawings with traditional graphic methods - aimed at verifying and evaluating the knowledge of the theoretical contents discussed in the lessons and included in the bibliography.
- Students who did not support / pass the interim verifications prior to entering the exam interview are required to support and pass a written test based on the topics of intermediate test.
The award of the final vote will be as follows:
- group work 22/30
- individual work 4/30
- final interview 2/30
- lessons frequency 2/30
Each of the values above is the maximum value that can be reached; The sum of the individual values will lead to the final vote.
A.A.V.V., Manuale dell’architetto, ed.CNR 1946 e successive.
BAGNOLO V., Ortofoto da scansioni laser di quinte edilizie in contesti storici urbani, Sandhi editore, Ortacesus (CA).
DOCCI M., MAESTRI D., Manuale di rilevamento architettonico e urbano, Bari, Laterza, 2009.
DOCCI M., MAESTRI D., Il rilevamento architettonico: storia, metodi e disegno Roma ; Bari : Laterza, 1984
DOCCI M., MAESTRI D., Scienza del disegno. Manuale per le facoltà di architettura e di ingegneria, UTET
Libreria UTET Università, Torino, 2000.
DOCCI M., CHIAVONI E., Saper leggere l'architettura, Edizioni Laterza, 2017
PIRINU A., Il disegno dei baluardi cinquecenteschi nell'opera dei fratelli Paleari Fratino. Le piazzeforti della Sardegna. All'insegna del giglio Editore (FI), 2013.
PARRINELLO S., Disegnare il paesaggio. Esperienze di analisi e letture grafiche dei luoghi. EDIFIR (FI), 2013.
PITTALUGA A., Il paesaggio nel territorio, Hoepli, 1987
PIRINU A. SISTU G., PAESAGGI IMPERFETTI. Il Di-Segno del paesaggio della Planargia costiera (Sardegna occidentale). EDIFIR (FI), 2015
Learning materials available in the teacher forum.
Graphic schemes of exercises and bibliography (for thematic analysis) will be distributed during the course.