8649/1 - ELEMENTS OF COMPUTER STUDIES
Academic Year 2019/2020
Free text for the University
LUCA GHIANI (Tit.)
- Teaching style
- Lingua Insegnamento
|[60/76] BIOTECHNOLOGY||[76/10 - Ord. 2018] Industriale e Ambientale||4||40|
The student should have a good basic knowledge of a computer hardware, software and network architecture and a good basic knowledge of Boolean algebra, binary codes, databases, word processing programs and spreadsheets.
- The student should be able to prove that he understood the fundamentals of computer science and that he is able to apply this knowledge in professional life or in further studies.
- the skills acquired by the student should be such as to ensure the autonomy of judgment in the processing and interpretation of data relating to the application domains identified during the course.
- The student should be able to present his or her own analysis and conclusions in a clear and rigorous manner both in written and oral form, including through the use of the software applications analyzed during the course.
- The student should be able to deal independently and effectively with all the problems related to computer science, in particular the processing of all those data that will be presented in his or her professional life or in further studies.
No propedeuticity. But a basic knowledge of mathematics, informatics and English language is recommended.
- Boolean algebra
- Binary information encoding
- Computer architecture
- Operating system
- Networking and Internet architecture
- Word processing