LS/0044 - ORAL MEDIATION - GERMAN LANGUAGE
Academic Year 2020/2021
Free text for the University
GUDRUN BUKIES (Tit.)
- Teaching style
- Lingua Insegnamento
|[32/19] LANGUAGES AND CULTURES FOR LINGUISTIC MEDIATION||[19/00 - Ord. 2011] PERCORSO COMUNE||9||54|
The course in Linguistic Mediation – German allows Students to acquire the following skills, through a combination of taught modules und individual research activities, especially in the field of inter-linguistic contact between the Italian and German languages:
- the ability to use the techniques of oral linguistic mediation and interpretation from Italian to German in various professional fields;
- knowledge of linguistic and communicative structures of German at B1 / B2 level of the CEFR;
- nonverbal communication and behaviour related to linguistic mediation (Italian-German).
It is recommended that students have passed all German language examinations of previous years before enroling for Linguistic Mediation German.
The course allows students to develop to identify and to develop linguistic aspects in an intercultural context. This includes some special languages from specific areas such as economy, science and society.
The lectures are designed to provide the theoretical and meta-linguistic bases relating to the Linguistic Mediation in German. In view of the specific epidemiological situation, live lessons or corresponding recordings may be transmitted online to meet the specific educational needs of students.It is also conceivable that forms of distance learning could be carried out using available computer media.
Verification of learning
Oral exam. The final grade criteria of the oral examination are as follows:
- expressive and effective communicative skills
- know how to mediate between the two languages (German and Italian)
- knowledge of the grammatical structures of German equivalent to level B1 / B2 and syntactic correctness
- use of a general vocabulary and register appropriate to the comunicative circumstances and situations
- correct spelling
- technical vocabulary
- nonverbal communication and behaviour: The student must behave appropriately, with reference to the task of linguistic mediation from and to German.
Reference List (the complete bibliographic information will be available at the beginning of the course):
Introductory Texts on Linguistic Mediation and Interpretation:
Bukies, G., 2018, Dolmetschen Deutsch-Italienisch. Eine Einführung. Berlin. Frank&Timme.
Fiehler R. (et al.), 2004, Eigenschaften gesprochener Sprache. Tübingen, Gunter Narr.
Giacoma, L.; Kolb, S. (ed.) (2019): Il nuovo dizionario di tedesco. Zanichelli editore Bologna & Pons GmbH Stuttgart. Kadric M; Kaindl K. (ed.), 2016, Berufsziel Übersetzen und Dolmetschen. Tübingen, A. Francke.
Mack G. & Russo M. (a cura di), 2005, Interpretazione di trattativa: la mediazione linguistico-culturale nel contesto formativo e professionale. Milano, Hoepli.
Snell-Hornby M. (et al.) ( eds), 2015, 2nd ed., Handbuch Translation. Tübingen, Stauffenburg.
Additional information and support will be available at the following link: http://people.unica.it/gudrunbukies/didattica/materiale-didattico/.
Regular class attendance is expected.