32/19/006 - ITALIAN LITERATURE
Academic Year 2019/2020
Free text for the University
ROBERTO PUGGIONI (Tit.)
- Teaching style
- Lingua Insegnamento
|[32/19] LANGUAGES AND CULTURES FOR LINGUISTIC MEDIATION||[19/00 - Ord. 2011] PERCORSO COMUNE||12||60|
- knowledge of Italian literary history of the nineteenth century;
- basic knowledge of the thematic and formal tradition of the novel beetween 19th and 20th century;
- articulated knowledge of the main thematic and formal peculiarities of the texts in program;
- basic knowledge of critics methodologies;
- capability to apply critics knowledge and understanding literary history in relation to its historical and cultural context;
- ability to orient itself in the typology of novel texts, especially in the 19th and 20th century;
- ability to produce a conscious and informed (oral and written) critical analysis of the analyzed works, in particular concerning their historical-cultural contextualization, their formal structure;
-ability to develop an autonomous reading experience of literary text by developing the critical methodologies adopted;
-ability in communicating their conclusions, and articulating clearly and unambiguously their argument either to a specialist and a general audience;
- develop those learning skills which will allow them to continue studying the history of literary criticism autonomously.
-a good morphosyntactic competence in the written and oral Italian language;
- basic knowledge of Italian literary history;
- to know the primary notions concerning the different textual literary typologies;
-Frontal lessons (lessons, reading and text analysis) -Oral and written exercises
Verification of learning
The assessment of learning will take place in a oral interview.
In the oral exam we will proceed to analysis of literary texts, critical essays will be discussed, and a literary history will be dealt with.
The exam will be useful in verifying the literal comprehension and literacy skills, expressive mastery and acquired expertise on the topics discussed, judgment autonomy, also in relation to critical bibliography.
In the summary assessment, 30% will be based on the knowledge of literary history, 30% in relation to the ability to produce a punctual text analysis, the remaining 40% will be attributed to the knowledge and skills, communicative effectiveness, as demonstrated in the oral interview.
Il Piacere, Forse che sì forse che no (Oscar Mondadori)
II. Critical essays
-G. Oliva, Andrea Sperelli e l'invenzione del mondo, in d'Annunzio e la poetica dell'invenzione, Mursia, 1992, pp. 19-49.
-R. Puggioni, Nei torbidi della sensibilità moderna.
«Protocolli psicopatici» nel ciclo della «Rosa», in D’Annunziana. Un itinerario nella parola dell’Imaginifico, Cuec, 2012, pp. 9-30.
-R. Castagnola, Introduzione a G. d'Annunzio, Forse che sì forse che no, Milano, Oscar Mondadori, 2009, pp. V-LI.
-S. Jurisic, L'ultimo romanzo dannunziano e i generi della modernità, in R. Signorini (a cura di), "Forse che sì forse che no. Gabriele d'Annunzio a Mantova, Firenze, Olschki, 2011, pp. 39.
III. Literary history
G. Ferroni, Profilo storico della letteratura italiana, Torino, Einaudi Scuola;
G. Ferroni-A. Cortellessa-I. Pantani-S. Tatti, Storia e testi della letteratura italiana, Milano, Mondadori Università;
- G. Baldi e altri, La letteratura, Torino, Paravia;
- G. Baldi-S. Giusso- M. Razetti-G. Zaccaria, Dal testo alla storia Dalla storia al testo, Torino, Paravia;
- C. Bologna-P. Rocchi, Rosa fresca aulentissima, Torino, Loescher;
- R. Luperini-P. Cataldi- L. Marchiani-F. Marchese, La scrittura e l'interpretazione, Palermo, Palumbo;
- C. Segre-C. Martignoni, Testi nella storia, Milano, Bruno Mondadori.
Students may use manuals in use at the high schools after consulting the teacher.
The teacher will provide students with other teaching materials and powerpoint files that will be used in the exercises and seminars activities.
More details, relating to supplementary teaching materials, will be provided at the beginning of the lessons.