LS/0100 - RUSSIAN LANGUAGE 3
Academic Year 2019/2020
Free text for the University
VALERIA PALA (Tit.)
- Teaching style
- Lingua Insegnamento
|[32/19] LANGUAGES AND CULTURES FOR LINGUISTIC MEDIATION||[19/00 - Ord. 2011] PERCORSO COMUNE||9||111|
After attending both the theoretical and the practical part (Esercitazioni) of the Russian Language 3 course, students will have acquired an intermediate linguistic and metalinguistic competence at the B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
B1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. Before taking the exam, the students must have passed Russian Language II.
Morphosyntax and textual linguistics, with some features of pragmatics, stylistics and semantics.
- thorough and general review of verbs of motion with prefixes and of the verbal aspect;
- thorough and general review of imperative mood and conditional tense;
- adverbs, comparative and superlative forms of adjectives;
- advanced use of nominal and verbal constructions, of pronouns, prepositions and conjunctions;
- passive voice of verbs and passive participles;
- introduction to a general analysis of prefixes, suffixes and their usage in noun derivation;
- translation from Russian literary texts.
- Lectures (20 hours)
- Practical classes (Esercitazioni, 91 hours taught by a mother-tongue Russian instructor)
Verification of learning
The assessment consists of two parts: a written and an oral test (final grade resulting from the average of both tests). Only those students who pass with a satisfactory evaluation the written test will be allowed to take the final oral test.
N.B: students must complete the examination within two following sessions.
1) the written examination will include:
a) Grammar exercises, textual comprehension, usage of verbs at all different levels and tenses, production of Russian sentences.
b) Exercises based on general culture features taught during the course (realia, cultural semantics, sociolinguistics).
c) Translation, in both directions.
d) A short composition in Russian.
No dictionaries, personal notes or electronical devices are allowed during the written test.
2) the oral examination
a) will be held in Russian and in Italian, with particular attention devoted to verbs (theory and use);
b) particular attention will be devoted to the ability of self-expression in Russian, both in narrative and in dialogical forms;
c) reading of literary texts: their level of difficulty will be adequate to the course.
- J. Dobrovolskaja, Il russo per italiani. Corso pratico con esercizi, con 4 CD-Audio, Hoepli 2011.
- C. Cevese, J. Dobrovolskaja, E. Magnanini, Grammatica russa. Morfologia: teoria ed esercizi, Hoepli 2000.
- C. Cevese, J. Dobrovolskaja, E. Magnanini, Sintassi russa. Teoria ed esercizi, Hoepli 2005.
- some theoretical texts will be provided by the teacher
- Il Kovalev. Dizionario russo-italiano, italiano-russo, Zanichelli 2014.
- J. Dobrovolskaja. Grande dizionario russo-italiano, italiano-russo, Hoepli 2011
Russian native speakers will be required to demonstrate theoretical command and a general knowledge of Russian language history and of its present day stylistic and sociological situation (special texts could be provided, if necessary).
Regular attendance of classes is highly recommended. The autonomous acquisition of Russian grammar at the level required to pass the examination is impossible.
For further information please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.