32/19/056 - ARAB LITERATURE
Academic Year 2019/2020
Free text for the University
ANGELA LANGONE (Tit.)
- Teaching style
- Lingua Insegnamento
|[32/19] LANGUAGES AND CULTURES FOR LINGUISTIC MEDIATION||[19/00 - Ord. 2011] PERCORSO COMUNE||12||60|
Upon successful completion of this course, students will have the knowledge of:
1) Arabic history and literature from the Preislamic period (Ǧāhiliyya) until the colonial and postcolonial periods;
2) the concept of Arabic poetry and prose through the eras.
3) and the ability to Analyse, extract and use information from texts in Arabic language.
Basic elements of geography and history of the Arab world
The course will explore the following periods of Arabic literature:
1) Ǧāhiliyya, structures and themes of the qaīda;
2) the Prophet and the Quran.
3) Arab Muslim period from the rise of Islam until the extinction of the Umayyad dynasty in 750 d.C .;
3) the first Abbasid period from the fall of the Umayyad dynasty until 1058. One Thousand and One Nights;
4) the second Abbasid period until the Mongol conquest of Baghdad in 1258;
5) the period of decadence since the fall of the Abbasid dynasty until 1805.
6) The Naha period.
For each topic the historical-cultural context will be presented together with the literary production. Selected poetry and prose texts will be read and analyzed.
Verification of learning
AMALDI Daniela, Storia della letteratura araba classica, Zanichelli, Bologna, 2004
CAMERA DAFFLITTO, La letteratura araba contemporanea. Dalla nahdah a oggi. Nuova edizione, Carocci, Roma, 2007.
ZAKHARIA Katia e TOELLE Heidi, Alla scoperta della letteratura araba, Argo, Lecce, 2010
Students who don't attend classes are pleased to contact the teacher: email@example.com