SF/0041 - SPECIAL DIDACTICS
Academic Year 2021/2022
Free text for the University
ANTIOCO LUIGI ZURRU (Tit.)
- Teaching style
- Lingua Insegnamento
|[30/46] PRIMARY TEACHER EDUCATION||[46/00 - Ord. 2011] PERCORSO COMUNE||8||60|
Students will be guided in the acquisition of knowledge and in the development of competences in the field of special didactics, regarding:
Knowledge and understanding
- Knowledge and comprehension of theoretical and methodological issues of Special Didactics
- Knowledge and comprehension of technical vocabulary of Special Didactics
- Knowledge and comprehension of the issues related to SEN condition that emerge in the context of infancy and primary school
- To be able to identify best strategies in order to promote an inclusive classroom climate
- To be able to use flexible and integrated didactical strategies related to the singularity of each pupil
- To acquire an autonomous and critical reflection on class’ issues
- To analyse critically didactical interventions
- To assess one’s own competencies
- To communicate clearly on educative and didactical aspects
- To acquire competences in the management of communicative processes among students, families and other professionals.
- To be able to find and utilize bibliographic sources in order to improve personal and professional knowledge and competencies.
Students should have already done studies about planning and experimental activities in didactics and to know fundamental issues related to the Italian tradition of special pedagogy. An adequate property of terminology in the context of didactics, disability, special educational needs and learning disabilities is required.
Inclusive education is a core issue in the everyday schoolwork. By welcoming students with disability, inclusion has become a distinctive element of a significant learning process oriented to the full development and expression of each pupil’s identity.
The complexity of the infancy and primary school environment reveals an on-going reality to be continuously revised and redefined in order to enhance the inclusive processes.
In such a scenario, underlining the sense and the meaning of some core categories of special didactics, it is important to focus on the role that the many subjects involved assume in this process.
The lectures will be given in traditional classes with integrations of online strategies to allow an inclusive and innovating attendance, unless otherwise stated.
Verification of learning
The assessment consists of an oral exam. Written exams will be provided for attending students.
The exam will have to assess the student’s abilities in using the acquired knowledge on the course core categories and interpret the contemporary school reality and conceive didactical itineraries in a clear and coherent way.
- inaccurate exhibition of knowledge and lack of a personal commentary and analysis, mark up to 21/30;
- accurate exhibition of knowledge, but lack of a personal commentary and analysis, mark up to 24/30;
- accurate exhibition of knowledge managed in a personal commentary and analysis of typical situations, mark up to 27/30;
- accurate exhibition of knowledge managed in a personal commentary and analysis of complex situations, mark up to 30/30 cum laude.
- Cottini, L. (2017). Didattica speciale e inclusione scolastica. Roma: Carocci.
- Korthagen, F. A. J. (2004). In search of the essence of a good teacher: Towards a more holistic approach in teacher education. Teaching and Teacher Education, 20(1), 77–97.
- Watson, C. (2006). Narratives of practice and the construction of identity in teaching. Teachers and Teaching: Theory and Practice, 12(5), 509–526. http://doi.org/10.1080/13540600600832213.
Further information will be provided during classes.
Erasmus students can refer to the teacher for arrange a different programme version.
The teacher will meet students by agreed mail appointment (please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org):
Thur. 14.00 to 15.00
Wed. 14.00 to 15.00
room 65, II floor., main building of the Faculty of Studi Umanistici.
Thu. from 15:00 to 16:00 please contact: email@example.com
The program refers to the academic year 2021/22
Students with special needs may benefit from Disabled Office service (http://people.unica.it/disabilita/) that certifies their difficulties in order to allow individualized arrangements of both programs and exams.