Select Academic Year:     2015/2016 2016/2017 2017/2018 2018/2019 2019/2020 2020/2021
Professor
ALESSANDRO LOVARI (Tit.)
Period
First Semester 
Teaching style
Prevalentemente a distanza 
Lingua Insegnamento
ITALIANO 



Informazioni aggiuntive

Course Curriculum CFU Length(h)
[30/35]  COMMUNICATION SCIENCE [35/00 - Ord. 2014]  PERCORSO COMUNE 6 30

Objectives

The main goal of the course is to provide students with the knowledge, skills, tools (theoretical and methodological) that will enable them to:
1) Learn the strategic role of marketing for companies and organizations;
2) Learn the evolving characteristics of corporate communication, with a specific focus on its strategies and tools;
3) Learn the importance of digital platforms and social media for companies and organizations;
4) Create and manage a digital communication project work, with a particular focus on social network sites.

Prerequisites

Basics knowledge of sociology, communication and media theories.

Contents

The course is articulated in 3 parts.
The first one is about marketing and its evolution for companies and organizations.
The second part deals with corporate communication, highlighting different stakeholders, areas and to tools to manage the communication mix. A specific focus will be dedicated to crisis communication and corporate social responsibility, thanks also to the discussion of traditional and unconventional case studies.
The third part is about digital communication and social media communication (blogs, social networking sites, etc.), focused with theoretical and practical approaches and best practice.
More information and materials will be available in the online didactic platform.

Teaching Methods

It is an e-learning course, therefore it relies on the assistance of multimedia products for the equivalent of 60% of the hours required. The remaining 40% consists of 5 lessons registered and available in the Moodle platform and several meetings dedicated to workshops and tutorials. If necessary, students can request more tutorials and workshops online, also assisted by the tutor.
Some students will have the opportunity to attend the course by participating in a working group that will engage them in the realization of a digital communication/social media project work

Verification of learning

Exam differs according to the students decision to attend in active modality (modalità attiva) or traditional one (modalità tradizionale).

Active modality: an online quiz, multiple choice, to carry out in the online didactic platforms, aimed to evaluate students knowledge on the fundamental theories and concepts of the discipline. A group project work related to digital and social media communication. The final grade of the exam is the result of quiz (50%) and project work (50%).

Traditional modality: an online quiz, multiple choice, to carry out in the online didactic platforms, aimed to evaluate students knowledge on the fundamental theories and concepts of the discipline. An individual essay or report related to digital and social media communication to be agreed with the instructor and the tutor.
The final grade of the exam is the result of quiz (50%) and project work (50%).

Texts

Required textbook:
- Masini M., Pasquini J., Segreto G. (2017) (a cura di), Marketing e Comunicazione. Strategie, Strumenti, Casi Pratici, Hoepli, Milano.
In the learning platform Moodle there are also several multimedia materials (slides, texts, interviews, simulations) that summarize and extend all the concepts proposed during the lessons.
If requested, foreign students attending the course (e.g., Erasmus students) can be provided alternative references in English. In this case their knowledge will be tested in English.

More Information

In the learning platform there are several multimedia materials (slides, texts, interviews, simulations, etc.) that summarize and extend all the concepts proposed during the lessons.
Students with special needs may benefit from a Disabled Office (http://people.unica.it/disabilita/) that certifies their difficulties in order to arrange individualized programs and can suggest specific learning methods.

Questionnaire and social

Share on: