SF/0097 - PEDAGOGIA GENERALE
Academic Year 2021/2022
Free text for the University
PIERO FELICE NUVOLI (Tit.)
- Teaching style
- Lingua Insegnamento
|[30/34] EDUCATION STUDIES||[34/00 - Ord. 2019] PERCORSO COMUNE||12||60|
The course aims at providing students with some basic notions of General Pedagogy and of the main epistemological issues related to it. The aim is to promote a critical reflection on the nature and value of the educational experience in the light of the Ancient and Contemporary Philosophy. In this frame the student will be helped to develop the awareness that the pedagogical view is an open and not a definitive knowledge, a rich perspective with its original physiognomy that cannot be reduced to other forms of science, but, on the other hand, able to be compared with any proposal based on values.
Upon successful completion of the course the student will be able to:
- understand and comprehend the epistemological bases of Pedagogy, the key points of the subject, the thought of the most noticeable authors of Pedagogy at a national and international level
- collect and interpret the key factors by being able to use them in the pedagogical research and distinguishing the outcomes as well as the effects on the pedagogical planning and the educational action
- understand and rethink autonomously the course contents and the main concepts of the subject
- present the contents, the principles of the pedagogical knowledge and of the educational action with the most appropriate lexicon
- achieve awareness and develop pedagogical skills and competences tailored on a professional qualification.
No prerequisite is demanded.
Aspects and problems of Pedagogical Epistemology, clarification of the relationships between Gnoseology and Pedagogy: realism, reasoning and morality within the pedagogical reflection, the core of Pedagogy related to the multiple branches of knowledge involved in the educational relations and communication, as well as the dialectic relation between Education and Formation, the relationship and educational planning, the ends and values of Education, Education and the person facing the problem of death.
Lectures and debates focused on the fundamental contents of the subject with the students. In order to meet specific educational needs due to the epidemiological situation, the possibility of live streaming lessons or recordings will be available online. Furthermore, the exercises can be carried out through forms of remote interaction with the available IT devices and platforms.
Verification of learning
Student evaluation includes an oral test in which questions will be referred to the course contents and objectives. The student will have to demonstrate a mature knowledge of the subject and its main problems.
The score of the exam is attributed by marks expressed out of thirty. The final grade will take into account the following criteria:
1. knowledge of the course contents
2. ability to compare different contents
3. clear argumentation and an adequate use of appropriate lexicon
4. autonomous and critical analysis of the course contents
5. acquisition of basic pedagogical awareness and competence.
In order to pass the exam with a grade not lower than 18/30 the student will be required to sufficiently know the main contents of the course.
To achieve an evaluation of 30/30 cum laude the student will be required to have an excellent knowledge of all the topics of the course.
- F. Nuvoli, L’autorità della libertà, Sei, Torino 2010.
- F. Nuvoli, Educare tra il nulla e la speranza, CUSL, Cagliari 2013.
- F. Nuvoli, Morte e vita. Prodigioso duello, Cagliari 2021.
Per i non frequentanti
- G. Mari, Educazione come sfida della libertà, La Scuola, Brescia, 2013.
Prof. Felice Nuvoli will receive in his office, by previous appointment, on weekdays before or after classes scheduled from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Erasmus students are invited to a get in touch with the Professor for any questions on the program and bibliography.
Disability Services Office
As stated by L. n.17/99 and according to the program and available resources, if required, personalized interventions are available. In order to meet special educational needs, students are invited to contact the Disability Services Office that will provide a proper certification.