SF/0098 - STORIA DELLA PEDAGOGIA E DELLE ISTITUZIONI EDUCATIVE
Academic Year 2022/2023
Free text for the University
ANDREA MARRONE (Tit.)
- Teaching style
- Lingua Insegnamento
|[30/34] EDUCATION STUDIES||[34/00 - Ord. 2019] PERCORSO COMUNE||12||60|
- know the basic aspects of the history of educational thought and educational institutions.
- know the problems associated with the design, evaluation and management of educational activities as part of the thinking of the most representative pedagogues.
- apply critically historical and pedagogical knowledge needed to understand contemporary social and educational reality.
- develop the communication skills that enable to interact in the small and large group on the subject.
- access to the documentary sources and learn independently.
The module explores educational debates in their cultural contexts. In addressing these issues, the module draws upon ideas, problems, and protagonists in the history of education. Lectures are structured in two groups:
a) Education and Pedagogy in the Antiquity, the Middle Ages and Modernity;
b) Pedagogy over the last two centuries ('800 -'900)
Lectures and discussions. Students are expected to engage critically with the subject.
Verification of learning
The method of assessment is by an oral exam. Grades and feedback reflect the knowledge gained by students, as well as exposition clarity and critical skills developed during the course. The student will have to demonstrate a mature knowledge of the discipline and its main problems. The grade of the exam is attributed by means of a mark expressed out of thirty. In evaluating the exam, the determination of the final grade takes into account the following elements:
1. knowledge of the course contents;
2. ability to adequately correlate contents;
3. clarity of presentation and use of specific language;
4. autonomy of judgment on the topics of the course;
5. acquisition of adequate historical pedagogical competence.
To pass the exam, therefore obtaining a grade of not less than 18/30, the student must demonstrate
have acquired sufficient knowledge of the course contents and an understanding of the essential elements of the discipline.
To achieve a score of 30/30 cum laude, the student must instead demonstrate that he has acquired an excellent knowledge of all the topics covered during the course.
1) H.A. Cavallera, Storia delle dottrine e delle istituzioni educative, La Scuola, Brescia 2017 (pp. 1 – 273).
2) G. Chiosso, Novecento Pedagogico, La Scuola, Brescia 2013;
3) A text chosen from the following
- G. Chiosso, La pedagogia contemporanea, La Scuola, Brescia 2015;
- C. Covato, Pericoloso a dirsi. Emozioni, sentimenti, divieti e trasgressioni nella storia dell'educazione, Unicopli, Milano 2018;
- M. D’Ascenzo, Per una storia delle scuole all’aperto in Italia, Edizioni ETS, Pisa 2018;
- G. Mari, Pedagogia in prospettiva aristotelica, La Scuola, Brescia 2017;
- A. Marrone, La pedagogia cattolica nel secondo Ottocento, Studium, Roma 2016;
- R. Sani, D. Simeone, Don Lorenzo Milani e la scuola della parola. Analisi storica e prospettive pedagogiche, EUM, Macerata 2011;
- R. Sani, Education, school and cultural processes in contemporary Italy, EUM, Macerata 2018;
- E. Scaglia, La scoperta della prima infanzia. Per una storia della pedagogia 0-3. Vol. 2: Da Locke alla contemporaneità, Studium, Roma 2020;
- E. Scaglia (a cura di), Una pedagogia dell'ascesa. Giuseppe Lombardo Radice e il suo tempo, Studium, Roma 2021;
There are no additional texts for non-attending students.