30/44/107 - EXPERIMENTAL PEDAGOGY
Academic Year 2022/2023
Free text for the University
GIULIANO VIVANET (Tit.)
- Teaching style
- Lingua Insegnamento
|[30/44] PEDAGOGY AND EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT||[44/00 - Ord. 2010] PERCORSO COMUNE||10||60|
1. Knowledge and understanding
- knowledge and understanding of the educational research jargon; main paradigms of educational research; strategies, methods and tools for research in education; main descriptive statistical methods in educational research;
- knowledge and understanding of motivations, objectives, and methods of evidence-based education, with particular reference to research synthesis methods (systematic review and meta-analysis).
2. Applying knowledge and understanding
- understanding and critical analysis of educational research reports;
- defining a research project in education;
- defining research strategies and methods to collect data in education;
- applying descriptive statistical methods in education;
- understanding and critical analysis of knowledge emerging from evidence based education;
- defining and carrying out a research synthesis project in education.
3. Making judgements
- evaluating information reliability in education;
- debating and discussing a thesis on the basis of research findings in education.
- writing scientific reports, such as research thesis, and communicating research findings.
5. Lifelong learning skills
- developing methods for lifelong self-training through the analysis of educational research sources.
No prerequisites are required. However, basic math competencies and web skills will be useful to implement laboratory works and use digital resources.
The course is structured into the following modules:
- Module 1: introduction to educational research;
- Module 2: educational research strategies;
- Module 3: steps of a research project;
- Module 4: research synthesis methods (monographic module).
- Lectures (60%)
- Laboratory work (20%)
- Practice exercises (20%)
Verification of learning
Final examination: written test composed closed-response items, open-response items, and statistical problems. The assessment methods and the marking criteria are described in details in the following page:
a) Trinchero R.; Manuale di ricerca educativa. Franco Angeli Editore (excluding pp. 270-313 and pp. 329-432).
b) Pellegrini M., Vivanet G. (2018). Sintesi di ricerca in educazione. Basi teoriche e metodologiche. Carocci Editore (excluding Riquadri 3.1; 3.2; 3.3; 3.4; 3.5; 3.6; 3.7 in the Second section).
c) Coe R., Kime S., Nevill C., Coleman R. (2013). The DIY evaluation guide. Education Endowment Foundation. Available in the course web platform: https://elearning.unica.it/course/view.php?id=174
Information for A.Y. 2022-2023
It is allowed for foreign students (e.g. Erasmus and Globus) to define an individualized program and to hold the exam in English. If you have any questions or need special arrangements, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students with special needs may benefit from a Disabled Office (http://people.unica.it/disabilita/) that certifies their difficulties in order to arrange individualized programs and can suggest specific learning methods
Learning materials and resources will be provided via e-learning platform: Download disponibile nella piattaforma dell'insegnamento: https://elearning.unica.it/course/view.php?id=174