MC/0840 - ALLENAMENTO E VALUTAZIONI FUNZIONALI
Academic Year 2021/2022
Free text for the University
FILIPPO TOCCO (Tit.)
- Teaching style
- Lingua Insegnamento
|[40/35] SPORT AND EXERCISE SCIENCE||[35/00 - Ord. 2019] PERCORSO COMUNE||12||96|
Learning by means of use of advanced text books and scientific articles, in order to allow an optimal knowledge of the course topics.
2. Acquisition of the ability to apply knowledge in a manner that indicates a professional approach to work, acquisition of the ability in designing and applying subjects and solving problems within own field;
3. Acquisition of the ability to gather and interpret information and data considered relevant to determining judgments and take related decisions;
4. Acquisition of the ability to communicate information, ideas, problems and solutions to learners;
5. Knowledge of the main evaluation methods to apply in sports, fitness and school.
6. Development of learning skills necessary to undertake further study with a high degree of autonomy.
Adjustments and Adaptations due to exercise.
Anatomy, Biochemistry and Applied Physiology.
Knowledge of the general principles of training
Predisposing factors for physical performance: Biochemistry, Functional Anatomy and Applied Physiology. The physiological basis of functional evaluation. The aerobic and anaerobic tresholds: definition and measurement methods. Biochemical and metabolic bases of the production of lactic acid. Classification of sport activities for functional assessment tools: Measuring biomechanical methods, ergometers and related measures.
Functional evaluation instruments: hemodynamic, respiratory and metabolic measurement methods and related measures.
The field and laboratory tests to determine the performance.
Practical applications: athletics, cycling, swimming, team sports, etc.
Equations for calculating the mechanical work and energy consumption versus direct measurement.
Functional performance models.
Functional performance model in marathon, middle distance running, cycling, swimming etc.
Theoretical lessons (36 h)
Practical Activities in laboratory and on the track (48h)
Verification of learning
The student's assessment includes an oral test in which the students must demonstrate that they have acquired the required knowledge and ability to apply them, along with the ability to gather and interpret information and data necessary for their work.
The score of the examination shall be awarded by a vote of 30/30
In examination assessment to determine the final grade will consider the following elements:
1. Knowledge of the topics; 2. Transfer Capacity in the field application of knowledge; 3. Ability to present the topics.
Papers and files provided by the teacher like own specific papers, original articles, reviews and books in English. Slides of the teacher.
Blocco I Cittadella Universitaria di Monserrato.