20/44/235 - STORIA DELL'ITALIA CONTEMPORANEA
Academic Year 2021/2022
Free text for the University
MARIA LUISA DI FELICE (Tit.)
- Teaching style
- Lingua Insegnamento
|[20/44] HISTORY AND SOCIETY||[44/00 - Ord. 2016] PERCORSO COMUNE||6||30|
The issues examined during the course will be addressed to give students a better knowledge of historical phenomena, in order to develop appropriate interpretive skills, to be able to analyse historical variables and to debate in regard to the issues raised. For this purpose, the topics related to Italian resistance, anti-fascism, democracy, will be addressed in the light of the most recent in-depth historiographical studies. The analysis of different research proposals in historical literature will allow students to gather information and will give them the ability to critically survey the results of these studies.
The course takes as granted the basic knowledge of on Contemporary history, on the basis of the average parameters as set by of upper secondary schools, at University level
The part of the course is committed to Italian resistance, anti-fascism, democracy, and its purpose is devoted to let the student acquire the knowledge of principal events and issues of twentieth century’s history at University level.
Teaching will be provided simultaneously both in presence and online (in university classrooms but also at the same time distance). At the beginning of the semester, each student can opt, with a binding choice, for teaching in presence or online. Depending on the availability of the classrooms and the number of students who will opt for face-to-face mode, there may still be a shift for the real access to the classroom.
Verification of learning
The oral examination consists of two general questions about the entire program, and two specific questions concerning Italian resistance, anti-fascism, democracy to be answered demonstrating to have acquired sound knowledge of historical issues. During the examination, students are expected to to highlight their critical and methodological skills in analysing and discussing the program’s topics and the interconnections among the various issues, showing excellent linguistic competence.
1. S. Peli, La Resistenza in Italia. Storia e critica, Torino 2004.
2. Giame Pintor e il lungo viaggio nell’antifascismo italiano. Le carte, la memoria, la storia, Atti del convegno Cagliari 25-26 novembre 2013, Cagliari 2015.
3. A. Natoli, Lettere dal carcere (1939-1942). Storia corale di una famiglia antifascista, a cura di C. Natoli, Roma, Viella, 2020, pp. VII—XLVIII, 1-21.
4. Donne della Repubblica, introduzione a cura di Dacia Maraini, il Mulino, Bologna 2016
A book chosen among the following:
1. A. Portelli, L’ordine è già stato eseguito. Roma, le Fosse Ardeatine, la memoria, Milano, Feltrinelli, 2005.
2. C. Capponi, Con cuore di donna. Il ventennio, la Resistenza a Roma, via Rasella: i ricordi di una protagonista, Milano Il Saggiatore 2009
3. A. M Bruzzone, R. Farina, La Resistenza taciuta. Dodici vite di partigiane piemontesi, prefazione di A. Bravo, Bollati Boringhieri, 2016
A seminar on Archives and contemporary history will take place during the II semester for students of all degree courses of the Faculty of Humanities. The educational initiative aims to deepen knowledge about the sources for contemporary history, with several guided visits to archives and seminars, and with a conclusive study trip to a place of particular historical interest. The attendance of the seminar, together with a written report, will allow the recognition of n. 1/2 university credits.