MC/0562 - INFERMIERISTICA E MEDICINA SPECIALISTICA
Academic Year 2021/2022
Free text for the University
ROBERTA MONTISCI (Tit.)
MONICA MARIA FRANCESCA PULIGHEDDU
- Teaching style
- Lingua Insegnamento
|[40/42] NURSING||[42/00 - Ord. 2020] PERCORSO COMUNE||7||56|
Learning the key elements of physiopathology, etiopathogenesis, diagnosis and principles of therapy of major cardiovascular diseases with particular attention to nursing management both of the acute and chronic patient and the management of the primary and secondary prevention of outpatients. Learning rudiments of diagnostic methods in the cardiovascular field
Learning neurological exam execution. Management of the patient suffering from neurological diseases. Learning the rudiments of neurological diagnostic methods.
Management of the main categories of drugs for hospital use of neurological relevance.
Nursing Applied to Medicine and Specialized Surgery
At the end of the teaching of the integrated course of Nursing applied to specialized medicine, the student must be able to:
• Knowing, knowing how to detect and interpret the main signs and symptoms related to cardiac and neurological pathology, to correctly plan personalized assistance;
• Describe the main diagnostic - therapeutic procedures to be implemented in assisted persons with Cardiological and Neurological clinical and specialist alterations;
• Plan and implement specific nursing care interventions, to those assisted with clinical alterations, related to the main pathological conditions of the specialist medicine of Cardiology and Neurology.
• Describe the main points of a discharge program, aimed at continuity of therapy and the adoption of correct behaviors for the prevention of complications;
• To know and be able to detect the clinical-assistance implications in the administration and management of the main drugs used by the cardiological and neurological patient;
To make the most of the contents of the course you need knowledge acquired in the previous courses regarding:
• basic physics concepts of gases, fluids; The basic concepts of organic and inorganic chemistry
• the fundamental biochemical concepts on the structure of living matter, energy metabolism, muscle contraction, structure and function of hemoglobin and acid-base equilibrium
• the anatomy and histology of the airways, lungs, neuro-muscle-skeletal apparatus constituting the thoraco-diaphragmatic mantle, the heart, the arterial and venous vessels
• the physiology of ventilation, diffusion, ventilation / perfusion ratio, transport, distribution and use of oxygen by tissues and hemodynamic notions.
• the physiology of the organs that make up the cardiovascular and neurological system: cardiac dynamics, excitation system, arterial and venous hemodynamics, capillary exchange, erythrocyte deformability and platelet aggregation
• knowledge of the basics of electrocardiography in the healthy individual
The main cardiovascular pathologies will be treated as
• Natural history and evolution of Atherosclerotic Disease.Risk factors of Aterosclerotic Disease Principles of Management of Atherosclerotic Patients.
• Arterial hypertension: criteria for the diagnosis and its classification, organ complications; Planning a proper screening and diagnosis of organ complications; Knowledge of the main drugs used in hypertension therapy
• Ischemic Cardiopathy: Epidemiology, Evaluation of Anamnestic Data, Diagnosis and Theraphy.
Pathophysiology of Ischemic Heart Disease; Interpretation of the main ECG alterations of ischemia . Knowledge of the main diagnostic tests. Complications of acute myocardial infarction; Principle of Medical and interventional therapy (percutaneous and surgical). • Valvulopathy: pathophysiology and clinical picture; Diagnostic and evaluation of gravity; Natural history of the different types of valvulopathy, Principles of therapy and indications for surgical therapy
• Heart failure: Explain the main pathophysiological mechanisms .Congestive heart and acute pulmonary edema; Principles of pharmacology and non-pharmacology therapy.
• Rhythm and conduction disorders: anatomic-physiological substrate for the most common arrhythmias; ECG of the main arrhythmias, General Principles of Permanent Electrostimulation
• Pericarditis and myocarditis: diagnosis; Classification of etiologic agents, clinical frameworks and selection of instrumental and laboratory examinations for diagnosis, principles of therapy.
• Endocarditis: epidemiology and clinical symptoms; Prophylactic and therapeutic criteria.
• Cardiomyopathy: classification, etiology and pathophysiology of cardiomyopathy; Clinical pictures and diagnostic iter; Principles of therapy.
PROGRAM INDICATIONS (lectures)
- NEUROLOGICAL EXAMINATION - pathophysiology of motility - physiopathology of sensitivity - higher nervous functions - pathophysiology of the state of consciousness
- SPECIFIC NEUROLOGICAL DISEASES.
Headache and cranial-facial pains; Cerebrovascular diseases (cerebral ischemia, intraparenchymal hemorrhage, subarachnoid hemorrhage). Infections of the central nervous system, Epilepsies. Endocranial tumors. Inflammatory diseases, Dementia. Cranio-encephalic traumas Degenerative diseases: Parkinson's disease. Huntington's chorea, hereditary ataxias (generality), amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Diseases of the peripheral nerve, Muscular diseases
- INDICATIONS, CONTRAINDICATIONS, RISKS, COSTS OF THE MAIN INSTRUMENTAL EXAMINATIONS IN NEUROLOGY: (EXERCISES)
- Rachicentesis and liquor examination - Computerized axial tomography - Magnetic resonance imaging - Electroencephalography - Electromyography - Evocative potentials - Extra and transcranial Doppler.
Nursing Applied to Medicine and Specialist
• Introduction to tools for standardizing care processes
• Develop critical thinking strategies in nursing care and the development of clinical cases through care planning for patients with:
• Cardiovascular diseases of ischemic, arrhythmic and conduction defects, and Acute heart failure and chronic heart failure.
• Neurological diseases of ischemic, degenerative and autoimmune nature.
• Clinical course and care planning for patients with:
• acute myocardial ischaemia
• suffering from arrhythmias;
• with acute and chronic heart failure
• Nursing management to the patient treated with: PTCA, Cardioversion, trancatheter ablation, defibrillation, implantation of pacemaker and ICD.
• Clinical course and care planning for patients with :
• cerebral ischemia - on ischemic or hemorrhagic basis, in the acute phase;
• autoimmune diseases - ALS and multiple sclerosis;
• Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease
• with convulsive diseases
The lectures ,based on the need for Covid-19 emergency, will be conducted in presence and online through dedicated platforms (acrobat connect, microsoft teams)
Methods and techniques of didactic interaction in the presence of the teacher or via platforms (microsoft teams)
Discussion in the classroom guided by the teacher
References to normal and pathological conditions.
Combination of frontal and interactive didactics with the use of computer tools and various media (video projections and blackboard)
At the end of the course, but also of the individual lesson, there is an appropriate period of time for the sedimentation of the acquired information, the management of doubts and perplexities.
Methods and techniques of distance learning interaction
Teacher interaction: E-mail communication
Interaction between content: Video and pdf of lectures on moodle platform or other sites suggested by the teachers
Verification of learning
will be evaluated: (qualitative)acquisition of the notions
knowledge of disciplinary language
ability to relate concepts and knowledge
Ability to communicate
“Dispense di cardiologia per i corsi di laurea nelle professioni sanitarie” di Maria Penco (2005)
Medicina interna per scienze infermieristiche ANTONELLI INCALZI. Data di pubblicazione: aprile 2012
“Neurologia e assistenza infermieristica. Manuale per professioni sanitari di Antonio Federico Cristina Angelini “Neurologia per le lauree triennali Libro di Pierluigi Bertora Patrizia Franza edito da Edises, 2015”PICCIN
All the teaching material presented by the teacher will be provided
All the teaching material presented by the teacher will be provided